Zoo Tycoon 2 DS
February 5, 2008
Zoo Business Simulation
Blue Fang Games
Zoo Tycoon 2 DS is the second version of the game Zoo Tycoon for the Nintendo DS. It is also the 2nd non-PC game that Blue Fang Games have developed. The game was published by THQ, instead of Microsoft.
While featuring the same basic concept of raising animals in a zoo, the game has been stripped down both in visuals and possibilities to allow running on the Nintendo DS. Changes include less animal availability, restrictions in the amount of buildings, and a simpler biome system.
There are 36 total animals in Zoo Tycoon 2 DS.
- Moose - Boreal Forest
- Dromedary Camel - Desert
- Greater Flamingo - Wetlands
- Zebra - Savannah
- Nile Crocodile - Wetlands
- Galapagos Giant Tortoise - Scrub
- Red Kangaroo - Scrub
- Ostrich - Savannah
- Giant Sable Antelope* - Savannah
- Komodo Dragon* - Scrub
- Cheetah* - Savannah
- Masai Giraffe* - Savannah
- Pygmy Hippo* - Wetlands
- Lion** - Savannah
- Gray Wolf** - Boreal Forest
- California Sea Lion** - Salt Water
- Polar Bear** - Tundra
- Black Rhino** - Savannah
- Black Leopard** - Tropical Rainforest
- Wolverine** - Boreal Forest
- Chimpanzee** - Tropical Rainforest
- Grizzly Bear** - Boreal Forest
- Spanish Lynx** - Temperate Forest
- Bottlenose Dolphin** - Salt Water
- African Elephant** - Savannah
- Orangutan** - Tropical Rainforest
- Emperor Penguin*** - Tundra
- Sea Otter*** - Salt Water
- Koala*** - Temperate Forest
- American Beaver*** - Wetlands
- Mountain Gorilla*** - Tropical Rainforest
- Giant Panda*** - Temperate Forest
(*) - Unlocked from zoo rating.
(**) - Unlocked from Animal Research.
(***) - Unlocked from campaign.
- The Unicorn is the only animal in the game that uses the Alpine Biome.